The 12th Clan Carmichael International Gathering
June 18th to June 22nd 2023
This is the replacement event for the 2020 event which was cancelled because of Coronovirus Covid19. Although initially rescheduled for 2021 the continuing prevalence of Covid meant for safety reasons a further delay was advisable. At the first Clan gathering in 1983 I vowed to hold three a decade and celebrate decades centuries and millenniums. All deposits for the former event will be honoured for this event and those that made them will be given priority treatment in reservations. Our last gathering was in 2017 and 2020 was designated the year of Coasts and Waters but 2022 is the year of Words and Stories so we are changing the schedule slightly; particularly to reflect the 250th anniversary of the birth of Sir Walter Scott*.
* Refer Broken Spear No. 6 May 1984 for Carmichael family connection
This is a necessarily rough outline plan with more details promised next year.
Sunday June 18 Arrival Day:
- Uplift from Edinburgh and Glasgow airport
- Church Service in Carmichael Church,
- Cairngryffe Parish for those who arrive in time.
- Welcome dinner
Monday June 19 Words & Stories day out (1)
- Day trip outing in the Scottish Borders
- To celebrate Sir Walter Scott’s 250th birthday.
- Hear how our Carmichael ancestors contributed.
Tuesday June 20 Carmichael Day
- March to the source of the Carmichael name
- Clan speeches and stories at Castle Caput of the barony
- Enjoy a Carmichael Estate Farm Meats BBQ lunch
- Participate in Clan Carmichael mini Highland games
- Dance the night away at Clan Ceilidh and Tartan ball
Wednesday June 21 Words and Stories Day out (2)
- Day trip outing to Ayrshire and Burns Country
- Gala dinner
Thursday June 22 Farewell Day
- Enjoy your final Carmichael breakfast club
- Transfers to Edinburgh and Glasgow airports
Pricing: As with all our previous events the 2023 international gathering is priced fully inclusive of all transportation, meals, entry fees, banquets, tartan balls, taxes, gratuities and accommodation for all four nights at £850 per person. Children 8 years old and under sharing a Clan lands cottage receive a 1/3 discount – £567 per child. Single cottage supplement £50. If you would like to stay in a local hotel instead of a Clan lands cottage there is a supplement of £200 per person. Cottage reservations are on a first come first, this option is currently sold out to those that booked in 2020.
A deposit of £150 per person is due to secure a place at next year’s gathering. The deposit is non-refundable. You must insure yourself for any possible reason you may have to cancel. The final balance is due April 30th 2023 and this is fully refundable for cancellation by May 1st. Non-refundable thereafter.
For those wanting to join the Carmichael Day Open Day only, on Tuesday June 20th including BBQ lunch & Ceilidh dinner, is £75 per person. Tickets for this will be available nearer the time. Please note due to the complexity of planning and logistics this is the only element of the gathering that can be joined independently.
|Full Clan Gathering||
Adult (£850), Child (£567 in a Clan Lands Cottage)
Clan Clans Cottage (No longer available), Local Hotel (£200 per person supplement)