The 12th Clan Carmichael International Gathering
Saturday June 18th to Thursday June 23rd 2022
This is the replacement event for the 2020 event which was cancelled because of Coronovirus Covid19. Although initially rescheduled for 2021 the continuing prevalence of Covid means for safety reasons a further delay is advisable. At the first Clan gathering in 1983 Chief Richard vowed to hold three a decade and celebrate decades centuries and millenniums. All deposits for the former event will be honoured for this event and those that made them will be given priority treatment in reservations. Our last gathering was in 2017 and 2020 was designated the year of Coasts and Waters but 2022 is the year of Words and Stories so we are changing the schedule slightly; particularly to reflect the 250th anniversary of the birth of Sir Walter Scott*. This is a necessarily rough outline plan with more details promised next year.
* Refer Broken Spear No. 6 May 1984 for Carmichael family connection
The schedule is subject to change as arrangements become formalised.
Saturday June 18th Arrival Day
- Uplift from Edinburgh and Glasgow airports or Royal Highland Show with delivery to your Clan lands accommodation or hotel
- Official Opening of Clan Gathering 2022 at the Welcome Dinner
Sunday June 19th
- Church Service Community & Clan in Carmichael Church, Cairngryffe Parish
- Traditional Sunday Lunch in Carmichael Bistro
- Shop in Carmichael clan and farm shop or climb Tinto or Carmichael hill
Monday June 20th Words & Stories day out (1)
- Day trip outing to Sir Walter Scott’s home Abbotsford at Roxburgh.
- Celebrate his 250th birthday. Hear how our Carmichael ancestors contributed
Tuesday June 21st Carmichael Day
- March to the source of the Carmichael name
- Clan speeches and stories at Castle Caput of the barony
- Enjoy a Carmichael Estate Farm Meats BBQ lunch
- Participate in Clan Carmichael mini Highland games
- Dance the night away at Clan Ceilidh and Tartan ball
Wednesday June 22nd Words and Stories day out (2)
- Day trip outing to Stirling area & Dumbarton Castle
- Visit Baronets of Nova Scotia display at Menstrie Castle
- Climb to the Wallace monument visit Bannockburn + Gala dinner
Thursday June 23rd Farewell Day
- Enjoy your final Carmichael breakfast club
- Transfers to Edinburgh and Glasgow airports
Pricing: As with all our previous events the 2022 international gathering is priced fully inclusive of all transportation, meals, entry fees, banquets, tartan balls, taxes, gratuities and accommodation for all four nights at £690 per person. Children 8 years old and under sharing a Clan lands cottage receive a 1/3 discount – £460 per child. Single cottage supplement £50. If you would like to stay in a local hotel instead of a Clan lands cottage there is a supplement of £150 per person. Cottage reservations are on a first come first served basis.
If you would like pre-arrival day support please ask.
For those wanting to join the gathering for a lesser period and arrange their own travel and accommodation the cost for attending the Carmichael Day on Wednesday June 30th including BBQ lunch & Ceilidh dinner is £75.
A deposit of £150 per person is due to secure a place at next year’s gathering. The deposit is non-refundable. You must insure yourself for any possible reason you may have to cancel. The final balance is due April 30th 2022 and this is fully refundable for cancellation by June 1st. Non-refundable thereafter.
|Full Clan Gathering||
Adult (£690), Child (£460 under 8 years old)
Clan Clans Cottage (included where available), Local Hotel (£150 per person supplement)