The 12th Clan Carmichael International Gathering
Postponed to 2023 – dates and further details will be announced during the summer of 2022
It is with great regret that we have to announce the postponement of the Clan Gathering at Carmichael Estate Scotland to 2023 **. This is the replacement event for the 2020 event which was cancelled because of Coronovirus Covid19. Although initially rescheduled for 2021 and then again fir 2022 the continuing prevalence of Covid means for safety and logistical reasons a further delay is advisable. At the first Clan gathering in 1983 Chief Richard vowed to hold three a decade and celebrate decades centuries and millenniums. All deposits for the former event will be honoured for this event and those that made them will be given priority treatment in reservations. Our last gathering was in 2017 and 2020 was designated the year of Coasts and Waters but 2022 is the year of Words and Stories so we has planned to change the schedule slightly; particularly to reflect the 250th anniversary of the birth of Sir Walter Scott*. Below is a rough outline plan of what was proposed for 2022.
* Refer Broken Spear No. 6 May 1984 for Carmichael family connection
** Refer Broken spear No 56. Dec 202
Gathering Schedule for the postponed 2022 event (as an example of what to expect in 2023)
Saturday June 17th Arrival Day
- Uplift from Edinburgh and Glasgow airports with delivery to your Clan lands accommodation or hotel
- Official Opening of Clan Gathering 2022 at the Welcome Dinner
Sunday June 18th
- Church Service Community & Clan in Carmichael Church, Cairngryffe Parish
- Traditional Sunday Lunch in Carmichael Bistro
- Shop in Carmichael clan and farm shop or climb Tinto or Carmichael hill
Monday June 19th Words & Stories day out (1)
- Day trip outing to Sir Walter Scott’s home Abbotsford at Roxburgh.
- Celebrate his 250th birthday. Hear how our Carmichael ancestors contributed
Tuesday June 20th Carmichael Day
- March to the source of the Carmichael name
- Clan speeches and stories at Castle Caput of the barony
- Enjoy a Carmichael Estate Farm Meats BBQ lunch
- Participate in Clan Carmichael mini Highland games
- Dance the night away at Clan Ceilidh and Tartan ball
Wednesday June 21st Words and Stories day out (2)
- Day trip outing to Stirling area & Dumbarton Castle
- Visit Baronets of Nova Scotia display at Menstrie Castle
- Climb to the Wallace monument visit Bannockburn + Gala dinner
Thursday June 22nd Farewell Day
- Enjoy your final Carmichael breakfast club
- Transfers to Edinburgh and Glasgow airports
Pricing: As with all our previous events the 2022 international gathering is priced fully inclusive of all transportation, meals, entry fees, banquets, tartan balls, taxes, gratuities and accommodation for all four nights at £690 per person. Children 8 years old and under sharing a Clan lands cottage receive a 1/3 discount – £460 per child. Single cottage supplement £50. If you would like to stay in a local hotel instead of a Clan lands cottage there is a supplement of £150 per person. Cottage reservations are on a first come first served basis.
If you would like pre-arrival day support please ask.
For those wanting to join the gathering for a lesser period and arrange their own travel and accommodation the cost for attending the Carmichael Day on Wednesday June 30th including BBQ lunch & Ceilidh dinner is £75.
A deposit of £150 per person is due to secure a place at next year’s gathering. The deposit is non-refundable. You must insure yourself for any possible reason you may have to cancel. The final balance is due April 30th 2023 and this is fully refundable for cancellation by June 1st. Non-refundable thereafter.
|Full Clan Gathering||
Adult (£690), Child (£460 under 8 years old)
Clan Clans Cottage (No longer available), Local Hotel (£150 per person supplement)